Day 1: CUSCO- OLLANTAYTAMBO-KM 104-WIÑAYHUAYNA-MACHU PICCHU
Highlight of the day: AMAZING INCA SITES AS CHACHABAMBA , WIÑAYHUAYNA , INTIPUNKU .
Our adventure begins to with a pick-up at your hotel (4:30 a.m.) where we’ll drive to Ollantaytambo (part of the sacred valley of the incas) to the train station,(to catch our train) to “Kilometer 104”.is 1 hour and 30 minutes ruffly. Once there we Will pass the control, our trekking of the Short Inca Trail begins. Our first hike is approximately 4 hours to reach the “wiñayhuayna” archaeological complex. Afterward, lunch will be served. (actually, Will have a box lunch) if you are vegetarian let me now,
Following lunch, you’ll continue hiking to towards to the (Intipunku-Sungate), one hour and half then Will have time to take some picture (THE FIRST STUNNING LOOKOUT OF MACHUPICCHU) and then gonna be just 40 minutes to Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world and enigmatic place after a whole, Will have to catch the bus to “Machupicchu Pueblo” and Will have dinner in the restaurant and spend the night in our hostel.
- Meals: Box Lunch, Dinner in a restaurant in Aguas Calientes
- Distance: 12 kms/7.5 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Hot shower,wifi,tv cable
- Difficulty: moderate
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MCHU PICCHU (THE SACRED CITY OF THE INCAS) – CUSCO
Highlight of the day: ENYOY ONE OF THE SEVEN WONDER OF THE WORLD .
After a delicious early breakfast, we will board the bus transporting us to the Majestic Lost City of the Incas, “Machu Picchu”. The trek leader will impart the history of this mystical place. We will have the opportunity to visit the “Temple of the Sun”, the “Royal Palace”, the “Main Temple”, the “Temple of the Three Windows” and the “Sun Dial”. Here, we promise an unforgettable experience. After your guided tour, you’ll have free time to do your own exploring.
If you have reserved your visit to “Huaynapicchu” (tickets limited to 400 per day – not included), you’ll begin your hike at 7:00 – 10:00 a.m., please coordinate with the Tour Guide for your visit depending on Municipality’s programmed time.
There are many more activities that you can do. These activities are optional (not included with the package) for example The “Puerta del Sol” (2 hour hike up and down), where you will appreciate the Inca city from a different viewpoint.
In the afternoon, you’ll catch the train (4:20 p.m.) to reach the City of Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at Ollantaytambo, we will have transportation waiting to drive you back to your hotel in Cusco (2 hours Approx.).
Depends on the ability of the train back to Ollantaytambo
- Meal: Breakfast
- Difficulty: Easy
Short Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 2 Days
- Detailed explanations by your guide in a briefing 1 or 2 days prior to your tour that included maps related to the trek
- HIKING POLES
- Pick-up from your hotel on your departure: touristic private transport from your hotel to the train station
- Entrance tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Professional English / Spanish guide for the entire tour
- Assistant or second guide when there are groups of over 8
- Meals according to program + snack at the beginning of the trek
- Water bottle and Box lunch in Wiñayhuayna
- Vegetarian meals at no extra charge (also allergy-related menus can be accommodated)
- Visit the following Inca archaeological sites (Kanabamba, Wiñay Wayna, Sungate & Machu Picchu)
- Bus tickets down to Aguas Calientes town
- 1-night Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, Breakfast on the second day at Hotel
- Second bus tickets Aguas Calientes /Machu Picchu/ Aguas Calientes
- 2-hour private guided tour by your English-speaking tour guide (plenty of free time to enjoy Machu Picchu on your own)
- Tourism class train ticket until km 104 (Chachabamba)
- Return ticket in Touristic class train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- First Aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Touristic class transport from Train / Hotel
- All local taxes
- Entrance tickets to Waynapicchu Mountain (book in advance if interested due to limited spaces)
- first breakfast
- last lunch
- one bus ticket from machu picchu to aguas calientes town
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2022 through January 2023 All prices quoted are $USD
- group service: $450 per person
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount 20$ dollars
- Under 15 years will pay as a student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
Optional Extras (Need to Book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance)
Trip Details Short Inca Trail 2 Days To Machu Picchu
- Tour Name: Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 days
- Location/Terrain: Inca sites
- Accommodation: beautiful Hotel
- Acclimatization: Due to the high altitude, we recommend 2 days in Cusco before embarking on our Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 days hike
- Adventure Rating some times difficult
- Activities: Trekking
- Altitude: 2900m/9,139ft
- Departures: every day with 2 or more people
- Customizable: Yes!
What to Pack
What To Bring
- Original Passport (for check-in to the trail),
- A light day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek – prepare for a vast range of changes in temperature
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be bought for about $1 in Cusco.
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf, and beanie/.
- Camera, films, and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain, and cold
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – although no malaria risk has been reported
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- We advise you to bring water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications that you might require, paracetamol, second skin for blisters, etc.
- Bathers/swimsuit (if you intend on swimming in hot springs )
- Cash – sufficient for snacks, tips, and souvenirs.
- Original passport & ISIC (International Student Identity Card) if you have one.
- Binoculars (if you have them)