Day 1: CUSCO– SACRED VALLEY–AGUAS CALIENTES
Highlight of the day: Enjoy the extensive Pisac Inca ruins, which have many impressive example of the Inca architecture, and Pisac’s colorful local market. You will see local people who are keeping traditional culture alive..
We will pick you at your hotel (8:30 a.m.), and travel via bus to the Sacred Valley. Arriving at the Town of Pisac we’ll park at the heart of the city where you’ll explore the considerable Indian Market. We’ll have an Andean lunch.
After lunch, you’ll continue your journey to the town of “Ollantaytambo”, the last living Incan City. Here you’ll appreciate some of the great architectural stone edifices, walls, and some steep terraces.
Finally, our transportation will drop us off at the train station. Once aboard the train journey, it will take us 2 hours to reach the town of “Aguas Calientes”. Our personnel will be waiting to escort you to your hotel for R & R.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Highlight of the day: Enjoy the majestic Inca site of Machu Picchu.
This 2nd day is the whole reason you came to Peru. You’ll need to start-off right – breakfast (5:00 a.m.) at the hotel. Afterward, you’ll board the bus ascending to Machu Picchu, which will take approx. 25 minutes to reach (door open 6:00 a.m.). Please be sure to bring your original passport to show the Rangers (you can get a Machu Picchu seal on your passport).
Your guide will take you to the best places in Machu Picchu, while you enjoy the sunrise (depending on the weather).
Then you will have a two hour guided tour. Following, you’ll have an opportunity to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
In the afternoon, you’ll catch the train to reach the City of Ollantaytambo or Poroy. Upon arrival, we will have transportation waiting to drive you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Note: Rangers don’t allow people to carry bags bigger than 25 liters when entering Machu Picchu
No trekking poles are allowed in Machu Picchu
Snacks and water are allowed – in bags.
Sacred Valley And Machu Picchu 2 Days
- Excursions: Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES
- Transfers: Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English-speaking staff.
- Train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Expedition Class)
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions
- 24-hour support by our local staff
• Meals not indicated on the itinerary
• Entrance fee to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (optional)
• Tips for your guide
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2022 through January 2023. All prices quoted are $USD
- group service: $300 per person
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need for extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount 20$ dollars
- Under 15 years will pay as a student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
Optional Extras (Need to Book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance)
Trip Details Sacred Valley And Machu Picchu 2 Days
- Tour/Trek Duration: 2 Days/1 Nights
- Location/Terrain: inca sites
- Accommodation: beautiful hotels
- Acclimatization: Due to the high altitude, we recommend 1 days in Cusco before embarking on our Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 days
- Adventure Rating RELAX
- Activities: WALKING
- Altitude: 2900m/9,139ft
- Departures: every day with 2 or more people
- Customizable: Yes!
What to Pack
What To Bring
• A small backpack or carry bag (larger not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu)
• A change of clothing
• Comfortable shoes or runners
• Water to drink
• Rain jacket or poncho
• A fleece or jacket,
• Basic toiletries,
• Insect repellent for mosquitoes
• Hat for the sun
• Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
• Original passport (cannot enter Machu Picchu without it)
• ISIC Card if applicable