rainbow mountain trek 1 day, just there are in some places in the world, and we have one within Cusco-Peru, The Peruvian Rainbow Mountain or Mountain of 7 colors, also known as Vinicunca, is an impressive destination for many, nevertheless, nowadays there are 2 places, Located near the incredible Ausangate Mountain.
Rainbow Mountain Trek 1 day, itself is amazing (4 hrs. Approx round trip.). nevertheless you cand do just in (2 hrs Approx.round trip.)riding horse, We’ll observe llamas and alpacas of the area. In addition, we’ll pass by many native communities that produce potato and the vista of the Apu Ausangate. the Rainbow mountain Trek 1 Day is just stunning views on the way.
With uninterrupted beauty, you’ll savor this spectacular and unique place. Join us for this unique adventure.
CUSCO – URCOS – – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
We will pick you up early from your hotel in Cusco and depart via bus through the Southern Valley. The journey begins at Quesiuno trek (Alt. 4,326 m)
After breakfast, we start our uphill hike. We’ll be passing along a charming brook which hosts herds of llamas and alpacas. You’ll also enjoy breathtaking views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will tour the villages and interact with the locals. We will have the opportunity to see chinchillas and vicuñas. The vicuñas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru.
After 3 hours of climbing, we’ll arrive at our destination “The Mountain of the 7 Colors”. You’ll have the opportunity to take photos. Afterward, we will depart at 2:30 p.m. reaching our place for lunch. After lunch, we return to Cusco and to your hotel.
( WALKING STICK)
- Private transportation to Kayrawiry
- Pre-trek Briefing 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (no matter which hotel)
- Entrance fee into the Park
- Tour guide for the entire trip (English speaking)
- Transportation to the beginning of the Rainbow Mountain hike
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and snacks.
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen tank
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance
YOU SHOULD BRING
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings!
- Lighter trekking boots with good ankle support!
- One pair of hiking pants – not jeans!
- 1 rain jacket “even if we are in the dry season”
- One warm/winter jacket/gloves, scarf, cap cold, thermal clothing full bod!
- Bring some meds!
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptom
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container
- Bandages or moleskin
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips for your Cusco Journeys staff.