Day 1: CUSCO – LAYO – APU PALLAY PUNCHU -CUSCO
Highlight of the day: Experience the Magnificent Ausangate Trek, including the unique natural formations on earth the Pallay punchu with a specialist guide..
We will pick you up early from your hotel in Cusco and depart via bus through the Southern Valley. The journey begins at cusipata (Alt. 4,326 m)
After breakfast, we Will continued to hike for 3 hours to the town of langi and layo from this place Will start our hike. We’ll be passing along a charming brook which hosts herds of llamas and alpacas. You’ll also enjoy breathtaking views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will tour the villages and interact with the locals. We will have the opportunity to see chinchillas and vicuñas. The vicuñas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru.
After45 minutes of climbing, we’ll arrive at our destination the pallay punchu or “The Mountain of the 7 Colors”. You’ll have the opportunity to take photos. Afterward, we will depart at 2:30 p.m. reaching our place for lunch. After lunch, we return to Cusco and to your hotel.
- Private transportation to Kayrawiry
- Pre-trek Briefing 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (no matter which hotel)
- Entrance fee into the Park
- Tour guide for the entire trip (English speaking)
- Transportation to the beginning of the Rainbow Mountain hike
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and snacks.
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen tank
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2022 through January 2023. All prices quoted are $USD
- group service: $70 per person
What to Pack
What To Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings!
- Lighter trekking boots with good ankle support!
- One pair of hiking pants – not jeans!
- 1 rain jacket “even if we are in the dry season”
- One warm/winter jacket/gloves, scarf, cap cold, thermal clothing full bod!
- Bring some meds!
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptom
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container
- Bandages or moleskin
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips for your Cusco Journeys staff.