Manu national park 4 days, is one of the most Bio-diverse Regions of the Country and in the world. Located in the Amazon it’s the main water source that consists of the entire drainage basin of the Manu River. There are few human settlements near or around the park. The Peruvian Government does not permit hunting or fishing. The Bio-Tourism is strictly controlled and visitors are only allowed into the park if accompanied by a registered guide related to a registered tour company.
Tours must be organized in advance and the majority of the registered offices operate from the City of Cusco. It’s also possible to organize tours from Lima or abroad. However, all operators work with one of the eleven official operators allowed into the park.
It is possible to visit the Manu national park for 4 days, area without entering the reserved zone, and still be able to enjoy the abundant wildlife.
Manu National Park 4 days, consists of two zones: the Manu National Park, which can only be entered by professional biologists with a special permit; and the Manu Reserved Zone, which can be entered by tourists, but only with an organized tour. There are buffer zones around the park, often referred to as the Cultural Zone, although this is no official protection for this area. The Manu National Park covers 1,534,865 hectares, and the Manu Reserved Zone another 270,000 hectares. Manu contains 12 different ecological zones ranging in altitude from 300m to 5,000m, meaning that it has an incredible variety of flora and fauna.wild life
In 2000, almost 3,000 visitors entered the Manu reserved zone compared with 20,000 who visited the Puerto Maldonado spot. Although there are no official limits on the number of tourists, the expense of visiting Manu means that numbers are self-limiting. Additionally, companies are strictly controlled and are only allowed to visit certain parts of the reserved zone, and even then only allowed in for three days at a time.
Tours to the Manu reserved zone are expensive, ranging from about $500 for the cheapest, taking the bus in and out, to almost $2,000 when staying in one of the lodges. The reason for this is that the transport costs are expensive due to the distances involved.. However, it is sometimes possible to get discounts on official prices. If an agency has a tour leaving in a day or two and still has spaces, it may be willing to offer a discount to try and fill a place. It can be worth shopping around the see if this is the case.
Manu National Park is not an endemic area about Malaria neither Yellow fever you can bring a good insect repellent but if you decide to put the yellow fever vaccination for prevention you can do it 10 days before start your trip to the jungle.
- Pre-trek Briefing 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Specialized and bilingual guide
- 03 nights in Lodge, meals (vegetarian option is available)
- All land and river transportation
- Safety box for values and storage for luggage at Cusco’s main office
- Rubber boots.
- Private transportation
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (no matter which hotel)
- Entrance fee into the Park
- Tour guide for the entire trip (English speaking)
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen tank
- Breakfast and mineral water only for the first day.
- Soft drinks such as beers or sodas
- Tips, handicraft.
- The last dinner.
What to Bring:
- Camera and films
Warm clothing (in case of a cold front), long sleeve shirts and long pants (cotton) wide brim hat and sunglasses for sunny days
- 100% waterproof rain gear (long poncho or rainwear)
- Insect repellent (at least 40% DEET)
- Swimming suit
- Personal medicines and/or supplies (liquid for contact lenses for example)
- One day pack and one backpack or duffel bag of luggage.
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hiking shoes and sandals
- Flashlight, enough batteries (alkaline) and bulbs
- Towel for all the tour.
permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2020 through January 2021. All prices quoted are $USD
- 2-3 Trekkers: $700 per person
- 4-5 Trekkers: $650 per person
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount 20$ dollars
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
(1)Tips guides, Cook and another person