Choquequirao trek and rainbow mountain 7 days. This hike is one of the most beautiful that exists in South America – located in Cusco Peru.and Ausangate (the toppest snow capped in cusco)
The “Archeological site of Choquequirao trek and rainbow mountain 7 dy days”, is now becoming a more recognized trekking route compared to the “Machu Picchu Trek”, because it hasn’t been excessively marketed, yet it’s larger and some even say that it’s superior to the Archeological site of Machu Picchu.
This incredible trek to choquequirao trek and rainbow mountain 7 days is indeed for the more fit and experienced hikers since it’s harder to reach compared to Machu Picchu. However, it’s worth every penny because you’ll experience a whole package of microclimates and extraordinary sceneries Peru has to offer.
T Will visit Rainbow Mountain Trek 1 day, itself is amazing (4 hrs. Approx round trip.). nevertheless you cand do just in (2 hrs Approx.round trip.)riding horse, We’ll observe llamas and alpacas of the area. In addition, we’ll pass by many native communities that produce potato and the vista of the Apu Ausangate. the Rainbow mountain Trek 1 Day is just stunning views on the way.
With uninterrupted beauty, you’ll savor this spectacular and unique place. Join us for this unique adventure.
CAUTION: Please allow a minimum of two (02) days to acclimate before considering to begin your adventure package to Ausangate.
Overall Hike Degree of Difficulty: Challenging
(walking sticks, sleeping bag, blankets, pillows, sleeping mat)
- Hotel in Cusco
- Rainbow Mountain Trek
- Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Four-person tent for every 2 people.
- Wranglers and horses to carry all the equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc)
- Horse to transport 8 kg of your gear
- Duffle bag for your gear
- Four breakfasts, four lunches, and four dinners
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
- Entrance to choquequirao inca site
- Hotel After of the Trek choquequirao
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Horseman.
- Water on First Day
- First breakfast-last lunch
- Last hotel after rainbow mountain trek
What to Bring:
- A good day pack: such as Eagle Creek Afar Backpack (Appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings.)
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if applicable)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 3 pairs of trekking pants (not jeans), 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough. Please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night.
- 1 rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as low as – 5 degrees Celsius/23 degrees Fahrenheit. A rain jacket can be helpful because there are rainy days even in the dry season!
- 1 warm/winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/gloves, scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- 4 pairs of underwear, 6 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) It is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well as the weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or too hot.
- 4 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner which is super lightweight and easy to pack. This does its job!
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on, so bringing some anti-itch ointment could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camelback
- Water (Only for the first day of the hike, as we will provide you with water throughout the rest of the hike).
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night. Your toes will thank you!
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach) because some people get an upset stomach on the trek. Also, Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen can be helpful to help with aches and pains after 8-10 hours of hiking each day.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for drinks, tips in Soles for cooks, horsemen, guides. (USD$60-70).
- Emergency money at least 300-450 extra soles (USD$ 220)
As a Professional Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffle bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra porter who will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 pounds including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress, and extra clothing.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Bathing Suit for the thermal waters
- Couple Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º Celcius.
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger.
- A small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2021through January 2022. All prices quoted are $USD
- $510 per person (offert) group service
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount 20$ dollars
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00