Day 1: CUSCO – ClOUD FOREST – MIRADOR LODGE(Lookout Lodge)
Highlight of the day: Enjoy the Archaeological Center of Ninamarca and the Cloud Forest of this magnificent experience..
Your epic 5 days Manu National Park Tours from Cusco begin with an early morning transfer (0500 AM) from your hotel in Cusco. In our private transport, we will be driving you to a small Andean town called Huancarani. We will be stopping here for a traditional breakfast. After relishing a traditional breakfast, we will continue our journey to the colonial and folkloric town of Paucartambo.
Then we will descend the east slopes of the highland through “Cloud Forest” which has lush vegetation (ferns, orchids, bromeliads, bamboo, etc.) We will enjoy spectacular views of the highland and you’ll observe the wildlife such as; “The red Cock of the Rocks” (our national bird – “Tunky in Quechua”), Dazzling colored Tanagers, Quetzals, Trogons Tucans, and Hummingbirds. If we’re fortunate, we will be able to see our first yellow Monkey.
In the afternoon, we will arrive at “Mirador Lodge” (Lookout Lodge – 700 m), where you’ll have good accommodations to rest for the night (double rooms & private bathroom). After dinner, your guide will brief you on the next day’s activities.
Day 2: MIRADOR LODGE – ATALAYA– MQUISAPAYOQ LODGE
Highlight of the day: DISCOVERING EXOTIC ANIMALS AND SAILING IN ONE OF THE MOST FLOWING RIVERS.
After breakfast, we will continue our drive to the Port of Atalaya (500 m). On the way, we will stop at an animal rescue shelter.
Afterward, we will have a short hike to look for orchids, bromeliads, bamboos, monkeys, and birds. From the Port of Atalaya, you’ll embark on a 7-hour journey on a 15-meter canoe down the Madre de Dios River to get to the lowland rainforest.
While we drift down the river we’ll enjoy the changing landscape and have the opportunity to see wildlife (flora and fauna) along the rocky banks of the river. On our path, we will visit “Diamante”, a Piro Indian town with traditional homes.
In the afternoon we’ll arrive at “Maquisapayoj Lodge” (translated as “Place of the Black Spider Monkey”) Accommodations include double beds with a private bathroom.
You’ll have an evening night walk to survey the area where you’ll find insects, frogs, snakes, caiman (alligators), and butterflies.
Day 3: SOGA DE ORO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Highlight of the day: ENJOY EXOTIC BIRDS AND VERY NAUGHTY MONKEYS.
In the morning we walk on some of the many trails around the lodge and hope to see more monkeys and maybe coatis or even a tayra hunting for small creatures in the trees.
We can start to distinguish some of the trees in the forest, such as the ceiba (kapok), the capirona (naked tree) and several palm species. After lunch, the boat takes us to the Hot Springs of Shintuya for a relaxing mineral bath, before continuing further up to Atalaya. From here we turn back up the Andes by bus. Along the way, we stop at an orchid garden, set up with much care and enthusiasm by a local inhabitant. The night is spent at Posada San Pedro.
Day 4: AGUAS CALIENTES- MACHU WASI- SOGA DE ORO
Highlight of the day: parrot’s lick, where we will see the green and yellow parrots, birds, and other smaller animals..
Day 4 in Manu: On this day we will wake up early for breakfast and then we will embark on the motorboat for about 30 minutes to the parrot clay lick, where we will see the green and yellow parrots, birds, and other smaller animals.
Afterward, we will return to “Machuhuasi Lake” to board another raft for a boat ride (1 and 30 hours). Here you will have the opportunity to see other wild bird species such as the hoatzin.
Finally, we will take a one hour hike in the jungle to see flora and fauna of Manu National Park.
At night we will stay at the lodge.
Day 5: SOGA DE ORO LODGE– ClOUD FOREST– CUSCO
Highlight of the day: EXPLORING ANIMALS INSIDE THE JUNGLE AND BACK TO CUSCO AFTER AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE.
After breakfast, we board the motorboat back to Atalaya. Our transportation will be waiting for our arrival.
We will travel through the cloud forest where we can view more birds, insects, and butterflies along the roadside and stopping periodically when we spot wild animals. We reach Cusco around 6:00 p.m. You can also have the option to do the zip line & river rafting class for an additional $30.00 (for each activity).
Manu national park 5 days Included
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance to the Reserved Zone of the Manu National Park
- A professional cook,
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners, and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option available upon request at no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 7 nights in our lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for snake bites;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots
- Visit to Cocha Otorongo (tower) (Manu Reserved Zone)
- Visita a la Cocha Salvador (catamarán) (Manu Reserved Zone)
Manu park 5 days Not Included
- Flights and airport departure taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day.
- Soft drinks and beer
- Tips to local staff.
Recommendations 5 day Manu National park Tour
- WEATHER Manu Tour 5 Days: Very cold in the first part of the tour on the first day. Very hot with 90% humidity in the lower part. Please bring a rain poncho because it could rain.
- Physical Level Tour Manu 5 Days: mostly very easy; however, because of the heat and humidity you may end up very tired and out of energy.
- Accommodations 5-Day Manu tour: Very good! All lodges have private rooms with private showers and bathrooms. However, at Casa Matsiguenka you will have shared showers and bathrooms. Some lodges have showers with hot water and electricity but also expect basic accommodations. Accommodations are based on double occupancy.
Tour Manu 5 Days Pricing
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2023 through January 2024. All prices quoted are $USD
- Group price: $850 per person
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount 20$ dollars
- Under 15 years will pay as a student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
Trip Details Amazon Rainforest Tour Manu 5 Days
Manu National Park 5 day Trip Details
- Tour Name: Manu national park 8 days
- Tour/Trek Duration: 5 Days/ 4 Nights
- Location/Terrain: jungle tour, manu
- Accommodation: beautiful lodges
- Acclimatization: Due to the high altitude, we recommend 1 day in Cusco before embarking on our Manu national park 5 days
- Adventure Rating JUST RELAX
- Activities: Trekking/ Camping
- Altitude: 1900m/8,139ft
- Departures: every day with 2 or more people
- Customizable: Manu 3 Days Custom Tour!
What to Pack
What you need to bring in your backpack for the Manu Tour 5 Days tour
- A hat as a protection against the sun and/or rain,
- Small towel
- Toilet paper
- Sun cream
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries)
- Bottled water (1 liter as a minimum)
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
What To Bring
What to bring for the Manu Park Tour 5 Days Tour
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 45 recommended as a MINIMUM!!)
- Original passport
- Small backpack
- Long-sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green-colored)
- Long cotton trousers
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sandals or light shoes
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho)
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in the Andes and the cloud forest only).
- Binoculars (also available for rent),
- Camera, portable batteries, and extra batteries
The Manu National Park represents Peru’s greatest natural treasure, due to the number of species it shelters and the diversity of ecosystems it protects. Manu is one of the few wild areas in the world where animals abound and live in a totally natural state. In Manu, you will find an immense density of wild jungle, mammal, and macaw clay licks where animals are concentrated and easy to appreciate.
Exotic birds such as the Cock of the Rock, the Anteater Frentirrufo, and the Black-faced Cotinga. No other area in America offers such excellent sightings of rare or difficult to observe animals.
Location of the Manu Ecological Reserve
Cusco and Madre de Dios. 1,400 kilometers from Lima.
It was established as a national park in 1973 over an area of 1,532,806 hectares and declared a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1987.
The altitude of the Manu Reserve
The Manu Reserve is at an altitude of 4,300 m.a.s.l. from the high Andean puna to 200 m.a.s.l. in the Amazon plain. On average, the areas visited are 183 meters above sea level.
How to get to Manu Reserve
By land, you will arrive in the area of Atalaya and Shintuya (9 and 12 hours respectively), points from where it is possible to start the trip by the river (5 to 6 hours). There are also small plane flights that connect Cusco and the town of Boca Manu (30 minutes), from where it is necessary to continue by the river (4 to 6 hours). It is necessary to hire the services of authorized agencies for this purpose.
The climate in the Manu Reserve
The rainy season goes from December to March, although outside of this period, downpours are not uncommon. From May to August, the temperature can reach 30° C. This is the best time to visit the Manu Reserve. The normal climate in this area ranges from 26 °c to 32 °c, but on rainy days it is 13 to 18 °c.
Recommendations for the Manu Reserve Tour
It is recommended to wear long-sleeved shirts due to the intense sun and long pants to avoid insect bites. Vaccination against yellow fever is mandatory.
Vaccinations against malaria, tetanus and hepatitis A and B are available, as well as outpatient treatment for leishmaniasis (uta) and malaria.
Flora and Fauna in Manu Reserve
The reserve is home to several ethnic groups known as the Amahuaca, Huachipaire, Machiguenga, Piro, Yora, and Yamaha, as well as others without any contact with the modern world.
UNESCO officially recognizes the natural paradise of Manu as a World Heritage Site, and later in 1997 named it a World Biosphere Reserve, as it is home to the greatest Biological Diversity in protected areas of rainforest and several endemic species of the cloud forest.
During the 5 days of Amazon Tour Peru, we can observe a variety of animals in their different habitats, including Giant Otters, the Black Caiman, the Jaguar, the Spectacled Bear, the Tapir, the Tigrillo, as well as 13 species of monkeys and approximately one thousand species of birds including seven kinds of Macaws.
Manu also protects 10% of the world’s plant species, including several species of figs and palms, as well as countless species of medicinal plants that are currently being classified by scientists.
Manu Tour 5 Days Cultural Zone
A single hectare of rainforest in Manu can harbor more than 220 species of trees, while a hectare of temperate forest in Europe and North America might have only 20 species of trees.
Manu National Park is probably the most biologically diverse protected park in the world.
In its almost 1.5 million hectares, the park holds unparalleled biodiversity in the world and its territory ranges from the heights of the puna, the humid and tropical forest, and the Amazonian plain.
Images of Manu National Park 5 day
We will show you the pictures of the adventures of this 5 days Many National Park tour.