One of most recent discoveries in Peru is Choquequirao. This hike is one of the most beautiful that exists in South America – located in Cusco Peru.
The “Archeological site of Choquequirau” is now becoming a more recognized trekking route compared to the “Machu Picchu Trek”, because it hasn’t been excessively marketed, yet it’s larger and some even say that it’s superior to the Archeological site of Machu Picchu.
This incredible trek to CHOQUEQUIRAO is indeed for the more fit and experienced hikers, since it’s harder to reach compared to Machu Picchu. However, it’s worth every penny because you’ll experience a whole package of microclimates and extraordinary sceneries Peru has to offer.
CAUTION: Please allow a minimum of two (02) days to acclimate before considering to begin your adventure package to Ausangate.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Early in the morning.|
• Choquequirao Machu Picchu Hiking Tours 9 days
• Trek briefing with your guide
• Professional guide
• All entrance tickets to the attractions
• Private transport and professional driver (round trip transfer from hotel to the starting point of trek)
• 1 train ticket service from Hydro to Machu Picchu Pueblo
• 1 train ticket service from Machu Picchu Pueblo to Ollantaytambo Village (Expedition Tourist Train)
• 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes Village to Machu Picchu.
• 7 nights camping/1 night hotel
• Choquequirao guided tour
• Machu Picchu guided tour
• Spacious tent/Sleeping mat.
• Horses or mules and indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetable
• Personal items to carry: 10 kg/22 lb. (So you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
• We provide a duffle for personal items.
• One cook, and assistants
• Excellent meals: 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
• Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, foods which are rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking. (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
• Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn).
• Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking)
• Wake up to coca tea in your tent
• Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
• Biodegradable soap and hand cleaning gel
• Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
The travel times indicated in our itinerary are approximate.
The trekking times depends on group size and Trek Leader/Tour Guide who can change the lunch locations and the camps, depending on the progress of the group. Each guide has its preferred route and may not correspond exactly to the route described here.
The conditions of the walk vary according to the season. That is, in the dry season the road can be dusty, in the wet season it can be slippery and muddy. “Go Treks Peru” is not responsible for the conditions of the trail, as it is directly related to the weather, but our experienced guides will turn the weather conditions into an exciting adventure.
This is an adventure trekking trip. We recommend to keep an open mind, be flexible and keep a sense of humor. This trek is not recommended first time hikers, good physical conditioning is required (Read our guide for travelers).
In our trek, we’ll be exposed to high ways, along white waters and crossing the creeks, rivers, that may not be in optimal conditions and can be dangerous during heavy rains. We do not recommend this hike in December through March.
This region is not visited frequently by the tourists. Thus, the infrastructure is limited. Our trekkers should be aware of changes to the weather conditions. Be expected for changes to the itinerary based on the weather conditions. All this is part of the adventure and we will ensure that you have the best experience.
- To cross the Apurimac River you will take an oroya, or small cable car since there is currently no bridge.
- Students with ISIC CARD: US$30. Please send us a copy of your ISIC card at time of booking.
- Under 18 years old: US$40. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 people or more: US$30. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Good, clean and warm -10° sleeping bag : US$25. This is for the whole trek.
- Vistadome up-grade train for the way back: from US$57 per person.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain – US $25