This walk is a spectacular choice for those travelers who want a peaceful hike in a route that’s currently barely untouched that will eventually merge with the Famous “Inka Trail” to the Mystical Lost City of the Incas – Machu Picchu. This trek leads you through the Apurimac River basin, alongside the Urubamba River, where you’ll appreciate the Snow-capped peak of the “Salkantay” mountain and site-see ancient Incan temples crowning the mountains. The “Salkantay” Mountain is the second highest mountain of Cusco (Alt. 6,277 m). This spectacular hike, ascends through the high mountains and descends alongside ridges, bluffs and sheer vertical cliffs to finally pass through a dense beautiful snowy forest.
You will have the pleasure and privilege to walk the path of the Incas and see the most important and most sacred place of South America, “Machu Picchu” – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
CAUTION: Please allow a minimum of two (02) days to acclimate before considering to begin your adventure package to Machu Picchu.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5 a.m.|
• Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
• Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
• Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Soqma
• Four-person tent for every 2 people.
• Kitchen tent
• Dining tent with tables and chairs
• Toilet tent
• Wranglers and horses to carry all the equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc)
• Horse to transport 8 kg of your personal gear
• Duffle bag for your personal gear
• Emergency horse in case we need it
• Four breakfasts, four lunches, and four dinners
• Hot water for washing.
• Daily morning boiled and cold water to fill the water bottles.
• Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
• Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
• Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
• One night hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes (double occupancy)
• Entrance to Machu Picchu
• Round trip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
Doesnt not inclued
• Tips: Guide, Cook, Horseman.
• Water on Day 1
• Energy snacks will be very useful such as chocolate bars, dried fruits
• $ 25 Waynapicchu Mountain (walk to top without a guide, the trail is well marked).
• $ 40 Sleeping bag rental
• $ 40 Trekking poles
• Single ten 40 $