Lares trek to Machupicchu is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places we have in Cusco.
If you don’t want to reserve the “Classical Inca Trail”, this is the best alternative due to geographical and historical region (Snow, in the Native Quechua language means: “Apus gods who preserved the vital liquid water, by making offerings, so that they never lack water their fields of cultivation). Also, we can see lagoons (that in Quechua is translated to “qochas” a place of the origin of the Incas – natives from this area still make special ceremonies to those lagoons.
You can also see many South American Camelids typical of Peru, Chile and Argentina, especially many alpacas, llamas, guanacos, whom where especially sacred to the Incas (Llamas played a very important role in transportation and some were used in sacrifices as a form of sanctification for a good yield in crop production.
Along the hike from Lares to Machu Picchu, you’ll meet traditional communal folk who are cheerful and still use the traditional attire (bright and colorful) of the original natives from the area.
This trek is definitely for those individuals who like to walk, attain more historical knowledge, and meet people seeing their everyday contact with the Pachamama (“Mother Earth”). This trek towards Machu Picchu also allows you to fully enjoy the microclimates and unique landscapes, along with old-fashioned cuisines and fresh natural products. We have a very experienced cook who will surprise.
CAUTION: Please allow a minimum of two (02) days to acclimate before considering to begin your adventure package to Machu Picchu.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5 a.m.|
What is included in the Lares Trek
- Private transportation from the hotel to Pisac Inca ruins and then Huaran (Trailhead)
- Local Licensed & Fluent English speaking guide (2 guides for more than 8 people)
- Entrance tickets for Pisac Inca Ruins
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and a transfer back to Cusco
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Admission ticket to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
- Hotel with private bathroom, hot shower, wifi, storage and buffet breakfast included
- 4 person tent
- Delicious gourmet meals during the 2 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency – In case of illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Rain poncho
- Transfer back to Cusco only for our group
- Bus ticket from aguas calientes to Machupicchu (round trips)
What is not included in the lares trek
• Sleeping Bag – US$20 per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
• Air Mattress – US$20 per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
• Walking Poles – US$15 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
• Personal tent: US $30 – (Please request when you book your Trek)
• Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco)
• Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$35 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
• Machu Picchu Mountain – US$30 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
• Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
• Tips for the guide,cook and porters
What you need to take
• Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
• Valid, GREEN ISIC card (if you booked as a student)
• Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
• Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
• Water storage: 2-3 litre Camelbaks are encouraged.
• Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
• Sleeping bag (can be rented from SAM Travel)
• Headlamp: essential
• 2 t-shirts
• 2 hiking pants at least
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 3 sets of hiking socks
• Bathing Suit for the thermal waters
• Couple Fleece/ Thermals
• Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º Celcious.
• Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
• Comfortable shoes for camp
• Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger.
• Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
• Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
• Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them.
• Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
• Face moisturizer
• Hand Sanitizer
• Wet wipes
• Toothbrush and paste
• Personal medications
• First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
• Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring your canteens.
• Sun Hat
• Headlamp: essential
• Wool Hat
• Rain gear
• Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits
• Coca leaves.
• Rain plastic poncho (provided by SAM)
• Hand sanitiser
• Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
• Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips