For many centuries the people of the rural areas of Peru have maintained many ancestral traditions. One of these regions that have undergone little changes are the Andean communities that reside in the mountains of Ausangate. The journey we offer will allow you a glimpse of Peruvian’s living in their natural environment.
A true image of the Andean High Range. You will have the opportunity to meet traditional indigenous Quechua speaking natives, who live at an altitude of 14,000 m / 45,932 ft., herding llamas and alpacas. They live in an isolated region of the “Cordillera del Vilcanota” (Vilcanota Mountain Range) among glaciers, brightly colored lakes and relaxing hot springs.
Along this trek, the likelihood in seeing a condor soar is high (South America’s largest flying bird). You’ll also, be able to witness Andean fauna such; vicuñas, marmots (Vizcacha), geese, falcons and wild ducks. Although, you will be hiking in high elevations, once you have acclimated, the trek is considered a moderate.
CAUTION: Please allow a minimum of two (02) days to acclimate before considering to begin your adventure package to Ausangate.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your Hotel in Cusco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5 a.m.|
• Pre-departure briefing
• Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to Tinki, starting point of the trek
• Tinki visitor fee
• Campsite fees
• Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
• Dining tent with tables and chairs
• Kitchen tent
• Toilet tent with biodegradable toilet facilities
• English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
• Chef and cooking equipment
• Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
• Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 9kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag)
• 1 emergency horse every 6 persons
• Accommodation for all our staff
• Meals (04B, 05L, 04D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
• One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
• Filtered boiled water from lunch time on 1st day onwards
• Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
• Bio-degradable dishwashing detergents used by our kitchen staff
• Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Private transport from Tinki to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco
• 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
What’s Not Included
International airfare, domestic airfare within Peru, airport departure taxes (Approximate cost US$ 31.00 international flights, and US$ 7.40 for each domestic flight)
Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items
Pre & post tour accommodation
Sleeping bag and breakfast on the first day